True self love is a spiritual awakening.
The difference between muscle weight and fat weight is significant. Of course, a pound weighs a pound, but muscle is much more compact. Fat takes up more room, and moves more, giving that characteristic jiggle.
People have trouble understanding how different they will look if they lose just ten pounds. They look at two bags of sugar and don’t think that much weight will make any difference. Ten pounds of fat, however, takes up much more room than ten pounds of sugar. If you lose ten pounds, you will probably go down a full clothing size.
Muscle weight is very compact. One pound of muscle does not take up much room. Many people who have a great deal of weight to lose are reluctant to begin lifting weights. They are concerned that they will put on muscle weight and look even heavier than they currently do.
If you are in this situation, with a great deal of weight to lose, it makes sense to begin lifting weights right away. Certainly the pounds may drop a little slower than they would if you only dieted, but the muscle weight that you gain will give you a sleek and trim look. Even beforemuscle definition is visible you will see differences in your posture and way of carrying yourself.
Another reason that you should begin lifting weights as soon as possible in the weight loss process is because muscle weight does not develop overnight. The smaller muscles, such as the biceps, can show results from diligent workouts in as little as a month. For the larger muscle groups, such as your hamstrings or quadriceps, it can take three to four months to see visible changes in the muscles.
If you wait until you lose all of the weight you want to before beginning a weight loss program, it may be a year or more before you see results. It makes sense to build muscles for reasons other than wanting to look good in a tank top. Performing weight bearing exercise, such as weight lifting, can decrease your risk of developingosteoporosis. Replacing fat with muscle mass is also healthier for your heart. Strengthening your muscles can also slow many of the difficulties of aging, such as mobility problems. Regardless of your reasons, replacing fat weight with muscle weight is a worthwhile endeavor.
My new motto: if something is homemade and I don’t know the calories then quite frankly they do not exist.
10 Reasons to Eat More Carrots
1. Beta carotene: Carrots are a rich source of this powerful antioxidant, which, among other vital uses, can be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
2. Digestion: Carrots increase saliva and supply essential minerals, vitamins and enzymes that aid in digestion. Eating carrots regularly may help prevent gastric ulcers and other digestive disorders.
3. Alkaline elements: Carrots are rich in alkaline elements, which purify and revitalize the blood while balancing the acid/alkaline ratio of the body.
4. Potassium: Carrots are a good source of potassium, which can help maintain healthy sodium levels in the body, thereby helping to reduce elevated blood pressure levels.
5. Dental Health: Carrots kill harmful germs in the mouth and help prevent tooth decay.
6. Wounds: Raw or grated carrots can be used to help heal wounds, cuts and inflammation.
7. Phytonutrients: Among the many beneficial phytochemicals that carrots contain is a phytonutrient called falcarinol, which may reduce the risk of colon cancer and help promote overall colon health.
8. Carotenoids: Carrots are rich in carotenoids, which our bodies can use to help regulate blood sugar.
9. Fiber: Carrots are high in soluble fiber, which may reduce cholesterol by binding the LDL form (the kind we don’t want) and increasing the HDL form (the kind our body needs) to help reduce blood clots and prevent heart disease.
10. Eyes, hair, nails and more! The nutrients in carrots can improve the health of your eyes, skin, hair, nails and more through helping to detoxify your system and build new cells!